Senior Software Engineer Worklytics
Jun 2020 - Currently
Helping grow and scale the company products everywhere I can, mostly in the backend and data ingestion services.
Java Terraform BigQuery Google Cloud Platform
Principal Software Engineer Eventbrite
Mar 2017 - May 2020
Backend and APIs development. Architecture guild member.
- Built a high-load checkout service backend to handle spikes
- Component rewrites, migration to Python 3, containerization and Continuous Integration workflows
- Participant in partial platform migration from AWS to Google Cloud AppEngine
- New checkout application and feature parity (would eventually end up replacing all existing checkouts)
- Nurturing and evolving backend services responsible for the purchase flows
Joined ticketea, which in April 2018 was acquired by Eventbrite
Python MySQL Redis Amazon Web Services Google Cloud Platform Docker
Backend, APIs and Microservices development.
- Led full-stack team: web application, API, mailing & notifications, user accounts, video distribution
- High-scalability architecture and SaaS design decisions (~200,000 videos/hour at reasonable costs)
- On-call support
Python PostgreSQL Amazon Web Services Docker
Senior Software Engineer Carto
Jan 2014 - Nov 2015
Backend and APIs development.
- Scalability rewrites such as support for multi-GB files and huge data imports
- Data connectors: Twitter, GDrive, Dropbox, Box, ArcGIS...
- User groups/companies, enterprise LDAP connector, new import formats (like GeoTIFF)
Ruby on Rails PostgreSQL PostGIS
Senior Software Engineer Minijuegos
Feb 2013 - Dec 2013
Frontend and Backend development.
- Full visual redesign, code rewrite and data migration of website and CMS
- Asynchronous job-based user avatar generator
- Avatar items store (built as a Single-Page Application)
- Implemented multiple payment systems
Senior Software Engineer Tuenti
Mar 2009 - Feb 2013
Frontend and backend development.
Biggest Spanish social network until 2012
- Participant in yearly website redesigns (1st almost a full code rewrite) with focus on high scalability
- Main website: user notifications, multi-search, friends importer, Pages/Groups, ...
- Mobile website and mobile support tools main responsible (during ~1 year)
- Participant at chat client full rewrite + inclusion of group chat and new XMPP features
- Backoffice: upgrades and migration of in-house CMS to opensource framework for easier maintenance
- Technical outreach committee chairman
. Company acquired by Telefonica.
Senior Software Engineer NAVTEQ
Jul 2008 - Feb 2009
- Web applications and SOA & mobile web services
- Code profiling and speed & data usage optimizations
- Indoor routing R&D: optimal paths, data storage, memory usage, relevant step-by-step instructions
NOKIA (HERE) closed Madrid R&D
office after acquiring NAVTEQ.
C# ASP.NET SQL Server
Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer Multiple companies Jul 2001 - Jul 2008
Consulting services and full-stack development (including 4 years at ilitia.com
At most of my jobs I've also done mentoring, technical outreach and recruiting activities.
Development blog: https://blog.kartones.net
Speaker at conferences and user groups: https://slides.kartones.net
Books technical reviewer: LEGO Mindstorms EV3 Essentials and Learning LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3.
Unfinished, spare time hobby. Full-remote study plan.
Unfinished, left pending 10 subjects.